5 abr 2011

My Nose Surgery! Jane's Nose Job Diary (Part 2)


Dear Reader,

As we promised, here comes the second part of “Jane's Nose Surgery”.

February 9:  Ten days left until my rhinoplasty!! I am really excited and a little bit nervous.  What a mix of feelings!  I have to control myself and think positive. Since  this is my first surgery, the fear is sometimes overwhelming. I will have my pre-surgery appointment one day before the actual procedure in order to check again the nose as well as the potential surgery plan. My doctor will decide which method he will use (open or closed surgery).

February 19: I am on my way to the Clinic. To my surprise I am very calm. It’s 6:00 a.m. and surgery will be at 7:00 a.m. I will have an open rhinoseptoplasty surgery with general anesthesia …

February 20:  I’m already at home. The surgery went pretty well. It lasted 2 hours and I did have to wait an additional  2 hours to recover from the anesthesia. I didn’t feel any pain and there aren’t any side effects from the anesthesia. My eyes are a little bit swollen and dark and of course my face is also swollen. The doctor used intranasal splints that allow me to breathe through the nose. It is very important to clean the nostrils every hour with a saline nasal spray to remove blood obstructions. The first night is not pleasant at all. I guess the antibiotics and the position (you have to sleep sitting for 2-3 nights) are preventing me to get some good sleep.
I’ve been eating “soft food”; mostly soups and chicken. I drink a lot of orange juice and water. Taking the painkillers and antibiotics as the doctor said.

February 22: I had my first post surgery appointment with the doctor. He took the cane off and checked how things are going. I saw my nose so straight and I am happy with the way it looks.

Do you want to know more about “Jane’s Nose Surgery”? Then stay tuned and come back to read the next article. Our next column will feature Jane’s recovery.

2 comentarios:

  1. Nose surgery is can be a so much dangerous. If the human have a problem at surgery time to take an air or if the person can't get a require oxygen at that time that can be die.

    nose job

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The nose surgery is the most safest and the finest surgery for improving the appearance of the face by improving the size and the shape the size of the nose.

    nose surgery

    ResponderEliminar