30 may 2011

A dentist appointment in Medellín (testimonial)

Hello readers!

We have received a great testimonial from one of our clients. We would like to share with you his insights about dentistry services in Medellín Colombia.


"After a brief explanation of the procedure, the doctor first performed a deep tooth cleaning (not mandatory for whitening). Then, the mouth area (lips and surrounding face) received an application of extreme UV protection cream, to avoid coloring. Next, opening my mouth, I received a plastic bracket keeping my mouth wide open while at the same time allowing me to relax more during the procedure. Before starting the procedure, my gum was prepared with a solution to protect it from the chemicals applied to the teeth. The actual whitening substance was applied last to the teeth. For the whitening process, a high energy UV lamp was pointed at the treated teeth, to activate the solution on them. For about 20minutes I received then this "sunbath" for my teeth. After cleaning my mouth of all dental substances later, I only received a fluoride cream on my teeth, to protect the teeth surface. The whole procedure was pain free, and the only recognizable effect afterwards (beside the whitened teeth) were slightly sensitive  teeth during the first subsequent day.

I think, having someone work for about 45min in your mouth is never an desirable experience, however, the doctor was very skillful and very able to relax me, explained each step and so I could fully enjoy the National Geographic movie on the flatscreen above my head (nice equipment for a dentist, distracts you from the actual procedure and lets time pass quicker). The professionalism and very kind doctor let me not really bother about what was happening in my mouth. Strong feeling of trust, anytime again!

I was advised not to have milk products until the next morning (as those could react with the freshly treated and yet sensible teeth surface.
Similarly I should avoid in the first weeks as much as possible colouring food and beverages, such as coffee, red wine, chocolate etc. Acidic food and cold beverages I was recommended to spare for the first 1-2 days, but rather for my own comfort than for damage to be caused.

1 comentario:

  1. Medellín Health City is the brand of the city created by the Cluster of Medicine and Dentistry Services that identifies the services and medical and dental procedures that are available in Medellin – Colombia as one of the major Latinoamerican destinations for health in the world of health tourism Dentists in Medellin Colombia

    ResponderEliminar